Sunday, August 17, 2008

we're engaged!!

its the greatest thing in the world, to be engaged. except when you are a wedding photographer and you realize that you can't possibly take your own engagement or wedding photos. it all happened last weekend, at our favorite restaurant, ruth's chris. we were sitting out on the patio, and for those of you who know me, al fresco dining is not always my favorite thing, especially when i am sitting next to a possibly bug-infested tree. james quickly moved us to a romantic table with a view of the harbor and out of the wind tunnel so we could enjoy our meal. after a delicious dinner (which by the way is on special now until the end of summer), james surprised me with the cutest dessert that said "will you marry me?" i am rarely, if ever, surprised, so that made it even more special.


by the time i finished reading the plate, he had the ring out on the table and tears filled my eyes. here we are post-happy tears...


of course i said yes, and we celebrated all night long--or at least for a couple hours because we quickly remembered that we had to drive to la for a wedding the next morning.

as soon as we started telling people, everyone asked if we had a date and wanted to know where we were going to get married. unfortunately, we don't have either, since we have been busy photographing other people's weddings for the past couple weeks and really haven't had much time to even think about what we want. a few things we know we want--friends, family and our favorite foods, which just might include cheeseburgers, mac and cheese, fried chicken and our fave little cookies.


if any of you are wedding photographers and are reading this, please let us know, as we will be looking for you very soon. here's a couple photographerish shots of my amazing ring...



2 comments:

Carole Snodgrass said...

Danielle,
How exciting! Deanne called and told us the wonderful news. She is so happy for you and James. Danielle, I am so pleased for you - you and James have always seemed to be such a happy couple.
Pleased keep us included in your emails.

Unknown said...

My sweet Danielle:
I am delighted that you have found that special person that you want to share your life with. I'm more delighted that it's James. He seems to me as a sincere and honest person and those are two qualities that I admire in a person. So my darling, I wish you a world full of happiness and love that will fill your heart everyday of your life. Congratulations, I love you both,
Mom